Britespan is looking for a Production Operator to join our team!
Britespan is recruiting motivated people to join our fabric production team! If you have a background in manufacturing, general labour, or fabrication, this is your opportunity to work in a bright, clean, state-of-the-art production facility with climate control, quiet acoustics, and did we mention an awesome team? The Production Operator helps bring custom blueprints to life and enjoys new projects, and physical activity.
Why work for Britespan in the Fabric Team?
- Clean and quiet facility
- Great workout and intellectually challenging
- Small, friendly team environment
- Year round temperature control – constant 20°C
- Comfortable clothing encouraged with supplied company uniforms (t-shirt) + clothing allowance ($100 annually)
- Shoe allowance; comfortable running shoes ($150 annually)
- Supplied tools & PPE
- Great Corporate Culture
- Growing Company & Industry!
- Competitive Pay, Benefits, Pension
- Advancement Opportunities
Positions available the Afternoon or Weekend shifts:
- Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime as needed
- Salary: $21.50 – 23.00 /hour (+ $1.00 Afternoon shift premium if applicable)
- Location: Wingham, ON
- Monday – Thursday
- 10-hour shifts
- 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Monday – Thursday
- 10-hour shifts
- 4:30 PM to 3:00 AM
- Friday – Sunday (Yes, 3 days a week!)
- 12-hour shifts
- 5 AM to 5:00 AM
- Only work 36 hours, paid for 40!
More about the role:
Under the general direction of the Operations Leader, the Production Operator will perform all tasks related to the manufacturing and quality process in fabricated the covers, end and sidewalls, and components for our steel-framed fabric buildings. Production Operators are required to maintain Safety and Quality Assurance Standards at all times while working productively. The position will assist in process and procedure improvement activities.
Education & Knowledge:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Manufacturing environment experience considered assets
- Knowledge of Lean principles, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Strong knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations required
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to read a measuring tape
- Able to read blueprints and parts lists
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing plant is preferred
- Experience in quality process and control will be an asset
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Daily set up and tool inspections
- Startup and change over set up testing
- Quality testing and inspections, daily and in-process
- Perform tasks including the use of the measuring tape, cutting, sewing, and handling of materials
- Lifting and handling of material
- Operate lift truck
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with little direction
- Ability to produce quality products consistently
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities
- Follow all safety procedures and watch for the well-being of fellow workers
- Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner to prevent injury or equipment damage
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times
- Attend and participate in regular production meetings
- Listen attentively and use speaking skills to ask questions when expectations are not understood
- Stay informed of matters pertaining to their job, and develop personnel growth opportunities
- Maintain work performance relative to expectations
- Ensure equipment and tools are in good working order and available for use when required
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Position report to and works closely with the Production Leader
All employees are to participate in, and positively contribute to the company culture, Health and Safety initiatives, continuous improvement, and abide by the Employment Standards Act and all company policies and procedures while maintaining a customer service mindset.
About Britespan Building Systems Inc.:
Britespan has been in the steel-framed fabric structure industry since 2010 and offers the widest product line available today. We design, engineer, and manufacture each product line in-house. With Authorized Dealerships across North America and Europe, Britespan is rapidly growing its global presence.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org