Britespan is looking for a detail-oriented, customer service-minded Sales team member to Join our USA Sale division!
The Inside Salesperson is the front line of our direct sales engagement for Business to Business and Business to Consumer opportunities.
We are quickly becoming the fastest growing manufacturer in the fabric building industry, and need skilled, passionate individuals to join our growing team! Britespan offers competitive wages.
Why work in our Sales Team at Britespan?
- Work as part of a fun and engaging team out of our Mosinee Office!
- Competitive pay
- Always busy; never a dull moment!
- Be part of the team driving CI initiatives
- Great workout and intellectually challenging
- Small, friendly team environment
The position operates:
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Out of our Mosinee Office
The Inside Salesperson is the front line of our direct sales engagement for B2B and B2C opportunities. Responsible for connecting with leads who have submitted requests for pricing and order requests, consulting for solutions and closing building orders. No cold calling! Complete immersive in-house training will prepare you to successfully engage and compete for business in a team environment. The inside salesperson is responsible to collaborate with company technical advisors, marketing support and business development managers to achieve a high rate of success.
All employees are to participate in, and positively contribute to the company culture, Health and Safety initiatives, continuous improvement and abide by the Employment Standards Act and all company policies and procedures while maintaining a customer service mindset.
Conditions of Employment:
Position is contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which, unless prohibited by applicable law, may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting. Must be able to travel nationally.
Education & Knowledge
- A strong background in B2B/B2C – required
- A background in construction (asset)
- A background in agriculture (asset)
- A college degree, technical school diploma or certifications (asset)
- Ability to read building plans, schematics, layouts (asset)
- Ability to comfortably, clearly and effectively work with prospective clients over the phone and on video conferencing platforms
- Ability to effectively sell
- Knowledge of the market analysis, planning, and construction
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Office suit
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs
- Financial Mathematics: Ability to functionally demonstrate ability to work with pricing, markups, margins and other pricing functions
- General Mathematics: Ability to functionally demonstrate ability to work with calculator functions, fractions, decimal points, measurements tabulation
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure to meet sales goals
- Flexible, highly motivated, efficient and well organized
- 5+ years sales experience minimum
- 2 + years construction related experience (asset)
- Previous experience in consultative selling
- Equestrian and Agricultural experience is an asset
- Warehousing industry experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, sales presentation and sales closing skills
- Building rapport with prospective clients and promoting a pleasant outgoing attitude
- Responsible to achieve sales revenue goals by direct sales to Businesses and Consumers:
- Reasonable sales revenue models have been established for this position that are specifically tied to compensation structure that includes incentive to over-perform
- Willing to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of our products, quality standards, industry trends and competition’s services and pricing
- Engage every assigned prospective client who has requested information & pricing proposals. Every lead deserves the same great experience from the Britespan Team.
- Align and execute with Britespan sales cycle procedures and process to arrive at a high level of success
- Achieve success by being available for a mix of regular business hours and some occasional evening/Saturday hours to arrive at the highest possible connection rate with potential clients as their availability warrants
- Participate in Britespan Marketing Team meetings to provide insight, feedback from our marketplace to improve our visibility and inbound lead quality & quantity
- Occasionally attend various tradeshows to gather leads and generate new business opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible to process sales orders from direct sale opportunities:
- All actionable items from inbound lead to order processing will be documented and tracked in the company CRM program
- Work directly with Britespan Customer Service Team to process and execute orders
- Ensure payments are prompt and as contracted
- Follow through on all sales activities expediently to uphold company’s image and provide quality services.
- Follow up after construction to ensure customer satisfaction
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate customer personnel
- Realize all construction phases of projects to communicate requirements to direct sale customers
- Project manage direct sales projects from beginning to completion as required
- Continuously identify new opportunities, and make suggestions for continuous improvements
- Develop and report weekly on sales pipeline activity for leads and sales opportunities
- Responsible to support a limited group of “house account dealers”:
- Establish a routine with house account dealers to ensure they are being adequately taken care of and to help them grow their business with Britespan
- Develop and present weekly pipeline reviews and work to help them improve their closing ability so they can hit their sales target
- Help with the order process and all other aspects of customer service to help them achieve their revenue potential
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking or other means of transport 1-2 hrs/day when traveling
Standing 1-2 hrs/dy all day at certain trade shows
Sitting 4-8 hrs/dy
Bending / Twisting Periodically
Outdoor weather conditions Periodically
- Occasional tradeshow event or job site
- Some extended travel for tradeshow work may be required
- Company supplies cell phone, laptop and hard drive is necessary and these remain the property of Britespan
- All work is to be completed on Britespan owned equipment
- Work closely with Britespan personnel as needed
- When on construction site, all appropriate safety gear must be worn
- Follow the guidelines outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Encourage fellow employees to work safely and to report hazardous or unsafe conditions immediately to their Supervisors
- Follow all company policies and procedures including wearing all required PPE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org