Join Our Team as a MIG Welder!
If you have experience Welding and like challenging work with an industry leading employer, our MIG Welding role could be right up your alley! Working out of Britespan’s Wingham, Ontario, the Welders work to build all the small parts and truss components for our steel framed, fabric covered buildings.
Britespan offers competitive wages, health benefits, and pension.
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Full-time, Hourly new hires are eligible to earn a $500 signing bonus upon successful completion of their probationary period and an additional $500 after 1 year of service!
GET A SNEAK PEAK! PREVIEW WHAT THIS JOB IS ALL ABOUT:
Work with Us
Britespan is looking for an experienced manufacturing MIG Welder to join our afternoon shift. We are quickly becoming the fastest growing manufacturer in the fabric building industry, and need skilled, passionate individuals to join our growing team! Britespan offers competitive wages, health benefits, and pension.
The position operates:
- Monday – Thursday
- 10-hour shifts
- Shift: 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM
- Overtime as needed
- Pension (after completing probation)
- Benefits (after completing probation)
This position is very physically demanding, including:
- Lift and / or move 75+ lbs
- Carrying over 50+ lbs
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Working near mechanical parts
- Capable of setting up workstation and all associated tools
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Tack and welding procedures
- Have the ability to inspect welds to maintain quality and reduce rework
- Read and interpret drawings or welding process specifications
- Continuous learner within and beyond their own work area
- Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to do the heavy lifting
- Able to perform basic math problems
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to follow all safety procedures and wear all PPE apparel required for the job
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of programs, fixtures, and tooling
- Ability to operate other equipment in the weld shop such as band saw, ironworker, forklifts and hand tools
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Wage: $22.00 – $26.00 (+ $1.00 Afternoon shift premium if applicable)
- CWB Weld ticketed welders start at $21.50
- Opportunity for $1.00 Quality Bonus per hour
- MIG Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
All employees are to participate in, and positively contribute to the company culture, Health and Safety initiatives, continuous improvement and abide by the Employment Standards Act and all company policies and procedures while maintaining a customer service mindset.
About Britespan Building Systems Inc.:
Britespan has been in the steel-framed fabric structure industry since 2010 and offers the widest product line available today. We design, engineer and manufacture each product line in-house. With Authorized Dealerships across North America and Europe, Britespan is rapidly growing their global presence.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com